Day 6 Heading home  

Sunday, June 27, 2010

All good things must come to an end. We needed to start our way back to home. We packed up the car early and headed for Las Vegas--a short stop on the way to Mesquite.

We were lucky with good traffic until we hit the Barstow area. There had been an accident so we were being detoured. The wait before the detour was 1.5 hours and then the detour would be another 1.5 hours. By the time we were close to the beginning of the detour they opened up the freeway!! YAY!! We stopped in Barstow with I swear everyone that was packed on the freeway to take a bathroom break and we were on our way.

I have an online friend Bethany, who lives in Las Vegas. The plan was to meet up with her and have a chance to meet in person. Unfortunately, we did not get the chance. I hope to be able to meet her someday soon.

We ended the drive in Mesquite and boy were we glad to be this close to home.


0 Please leave me a comment: to “ Day 6 Heading home ”