I am trying to be Techno savy
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Ya know I thought I was pretty smart with the basic computer but, I guess I am not. Mike and I spent the better part of the day trying to burn a DVD slide show for the football players on our team. We started at 8:00 a.m. to find out the DVD did not burn properly and would not play on the TV. I had to go to work for a few hours so Mike (YES, I said Mike) continued to try. Over the phone I instructed him which program to use, which file to use, where to find the file, which button to push, and so on. Well guess what! By the time I got home he had successfully burned 10 DVDs and watched them to make sure they were okay. When I got home I was so happy as we need them for this evenings end of season banquet. Then I proceeded to help with the rest. I go to take a completed DVD out of the computer drive and he slaps my hand away and says "Don't touch. I have a system." He waves his hand over the DVD and then picks it up turns it over and blows on it. Then he inserts the next DVD to burn and waits 3 seconds before pushing the burn button. It was hysterical!!! But I have to admit he got all 17 DVDs burned and working. Thanks for spending your day off finishing one of my not so important projects. You are the best.



November 13, 2008 at 8:47 PM
What a nice guy! I'm so glad you got it all done! Phew!