Family and saying goodbye to a Great Aunt
Sunday, January 23, 2011
I found out that on Tuesday of this week my Great Aunt Fern had passed away. She was 97 years old and was such a sweet lady. I am so sad that she will no longer be with us but, I know that she is in a better place and having a grand reunion. Although my family is getting together for a sad occasion, I am thrilled that I get to see so many of them this weekend. My Grandma and Aunt Carin flew in on Saturday and I got to spend a few hours with them and also some really sweet and generous relatives that live in Fruitheights. We are going to be there again this afternoon for a family gathering (will include many more relatives that I have not had the pleasure of seeing for a great many years) and then a viewing for my Great Aunt Fern this evening.
Boston did pretty well in the School Geography Bee but, did not go on. I am really proud of him for his discipline to study and work hard for what he achieves.
Brooke begged me to take her to the book store to get some new books. She is so done with the "little kid" selection that we have accumulated. So, she got some young readers books that she is thrilled to start reading.
I am not really looking forward to a full week of work, homework, and housework but, this is life and these things have to be done. So, I will enjoy the rest of my Sunday with my family and try not to think about it.




0 Please leave me a comment: to “ Family and saying goodbye to a Great Aunt ”
Post a Comment