Chinese New Year
Monday, January 26, 2009
The kids came home from school today and informed me it is Chinese New Year.
Did you know it is the Year of the Ox. Brooke was born the year of the Horse and Boston the year of the Rabbit.
Brooke just told me that we can make a mini dragon costume out of an egg carton. She is giving me specific details on how to do this. Now she is gathering the supplies. So I guess I had better get with the program and start this fun and delightful crafting project. (Can you sense the sarcasm?) Any way Happy Chinese New Year.




January 26, 2009 at 6:04 PM
How did the costume making go? You know, I've been known to yell at Megan and tell her I don't want to do her craft projects anymore. It's horrible. I'm pretty patient but after 50 tries and doing it wrong (according to her standards) I get a bit frustrated. I do love that she has these great ideas though so I have to work on my patience.
January 27, 2009 at 8:18 AM
My kids came home way excited about all this too. They were totally into the whole "what animal are you" thing. We found out Lucy is a Rat. I am sure she will love this later on in life.
January 27, 2009 at 2:48 PM
Oh dear, a correction must be made. Lucy is not a rat. She is a pig. Even worse.