Favorite things at Christmas time.  

Thursday, December 11, 2008

My friend Jill had a post on her blog about her favorite things--I thought I would post some of mine.


I love, love, love My Disney Christmas decorations. I collect them and I now have enough ornaments for a little tree dedicated to Disney. We purchased our first Disney ornament on our honeymoon in Disney World. It is a Classic Winnie the Pooh hanging from a balloon. Now every time we go to Disney we purchase some ornaments. It also helps that I sometimes find some fun stuff at a Disney Outlet store that comes and goes in a shopping center near our house. I love our Disney Christmas Village scene too.

Credits for both layouts: Template By Brooke kemp at GG digitals. Bracket and background papers by Brittish designs very Merry add on.



I love my candy cane garland. This is Mikes favorite. It is a lot of work to put up but it is worth it to have the house that much more Christmasy.



I also love gingerbread men. I collect them and decorate the kitchen with them.





I love my front door!



Some fun traditions we have are:



Making Gingerbread Houses with the Howards! It is getting easier as the kids get bigger and can handle the frosting and kind of are able to do it themselves. Destry and I let the kids get theirs done and then we hunker down and take a few hours on ours. I never really eat mine. I just let it decorate my kitchen and then unfortunately I have to throw it away. How fun would it be to be able to save it for the next year and decorate with it. I guess that is what a camera is for. Besides I love to decorate a new one every year.

Credits: Red Holiday words paper strip, Tan poka dot paper recolored, and green twill from seasons and holidays cd from Digital Scrapbook memories. Word art from Nitwit Collections lil wits gingerfellas. Template sept free template by Dani.

I love to listen to Christmas music. I love it all! Mike has a hard time when he has been listening to it at Albertsons for 8 hours and comes home and has to hear it here too. He is a pretty good sport until the kids put the Micky Mouse albums on and then he draws the line.




We also let the kids buy an ornament of their choice every year. If we have gone somewhere out of state or if something cool has gone one here ( The Winter Olympics or The Utes do awesome) we buy a family ornament to remember that.


2 Please leave me a comment: to “ Favorite things at Christmas time. ”