Yay for improving  

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I have mentioned before that Boston has not been blessed with the talent of being a natural athlete.  He works really hard to be better at it though.  He has been told by coaches that he just is not fast enough of a quarterback.
Last spring were had the opportunity to be on the same Flag Football team with an amazing athlete.  I mean the first play we watched him run our jaws dropped.  Stockton was going into the 7th grade so, a few years older than Boston.  Boston became Stockton's instant shadow for the remainder of our season and he adored him.  Not only was Stockton an amazing athlete he was an amazing kid too.  I mean really this kid could have let all of his talent do to his head and brag or become arrogant about it but, no.....he was as down to earth as you could get.  A perfect example for Boston to look up to.  I was talking to Stockton's parents during one of our games and they told me that he had been attending a training center for about 2 or 3 years.  I got the name of this training center and went home to check it out.

We contacted Velocity and signed up for a free trial appointment.  Boston was in love with it the very minute he walked in. He started going 2 times a week in June.  He started out taking a tapp test to see where he was at and what was going to need to improve.  Here are the results of that first test.

First test results 5/30/2010

Boston looked forward to going and doing this training every week.  I was kind of surprised that he liked it so much because, the warm up alone was....pretty tough.  It was what I would call a total workout but, it was only the first 20 minutes and then came the workout.  And they would do a lot of the same stuff every time....a 10 year old kid you might think would get bored with it.  But, no Boston loved going and never a complaint about going either.  Soon football season and school started so we had to reduce it to 1 time a week and just a maintenance program.  He is still going and enjoys it every time.  He even is asking for the SPARQ equipment that he researched and found at Sports Authority for Christmas.  He wants to train Mike and I.  Oh boy.  A couple of weeks ago we got another email from one of the trainers Zach.  This is what it said along with Bostons progress. You can click on the images to make them bigger and easier to read.

Progress as of 9/15/2010
I am really proud of all the hard work Boston has put in and I can see tons of improvements in his speed and quickness while he is playing sports.  Zach lives in the Hillcrest area and asked for a copy of Boston's football schedule.  He told Boston he would try to make it to one of his games.  Boston was over the moon.


0 Please leave me a comment: to “ Yay for improving ”