Football Love
Thursday, September 30, 2010
I am having a bunch of mixed emotions about football this year. Boston is the quarterback and well.....as any back in football they get pretty beat up. That is just how it is. I have tried on several occasions to try and talk Boston out of playing this position because.....my heart is having a hard time pumping after some of the plays. What can I say..I am a mom first and foremost...a mom. And it pains me to see him get his butt kicked. When I pose the question "would you want to play another position?" He rolls his eyes and instantly gets upset at me. Sigh...He will NOT give the position up despite my plees.
We had a scrimmage last night against a pretty tough team. On one of the plays Boston got the wind knocked out of him. The coaches were switching the plays to the defense teams so, Coach told him to go rest on the sidelines. Boston got all bent out of shape and Mike asked him. "Are you mad? What is going on?" Boston said. "YES!!" I want to keep playing!!" Rather than be upset about just having the wind knocked out of him he was upset he did not get to continue on with the same battle. He got his wish and was put back in on defense. Sigh...I have so much to learn about this game.
I think a few things have been established about this kid this year:
He is not the fastest kid on the team.
He is not the most athletic kid on the team.
He has a love for football or....he is just crazy out of his head (I am still trying to wrap my head around this one).
He will take a hit and get back up.
He is a TOUGH kid.
I have a strong belief that I am suppose to teach my kids all they know and try to be an example in all that I do. I try but, I do make mistakes and fail....more than I should. I find with this boy, as I watch him in his life, most of the time he is teaching me. How did I get so lucky to have such an amazing kid!! I love you bud.




0 Please leave me a comment: to “ Football Love ”
Post a Comment