A lived in house  

Monday, February 16, 2009

I was running around the house picking up when I noticed the kids hanging something on the wall. It was the most magnificent picture that Boston made at school. I looked closer and they were using PUSHPINS to hang it. I freaked out. I know for a fact I scared the kids because when I tried to calmly say go to your rooms, they dropped their heads and went without argument.

I think winter needs to just go away. We are all couped up in the house and the kids get bored and decide to get creative. I find them playing school and they mimic their teachers--it is cute but then then think they need to display their artwork with pushpins. Aargh.

I guess it is just another reminder that we live in a house that looks like it is lived in. Unfinished patches in drywall, cracked toilet covers (Even my brother-in-law commented on this one "Does someone in the house have something against toilets.") Scuff marks on walls along with RED marks on the banister?, stickers on the fridge, and broken outlet covers.

One day I will have a nice and neat home with everything in it's place and nothing broken. And perhaps the stickers will stop appearing all over the fridge and walls. I guess be thankful no massive drawings have been artistically placed on the walls with bright colors using crayons.




Posted by Picasa


0 Please leave me a comment: to “ A lived in house ”